As business owners seeking to grow our businesses, it is imperative that we keep up to date with emerging trends, changing customer preferences as well as new business approaches, models and strategies. However, the reality is that most of us are struggling just to keep up with managing and running the day to day operations of our businesses.
An effective way to keep up with developments and gain ideas to help grow our businesses is by listening to podcasts. Simply download them to your favourite devices and you can listen to them anywhere, anytime and can even complete other tasks while you listen.
There are 3 podcasts that I highly recommend for my fellow start-ups and SMEs that are seeking to grow their businesses through business customers (B2B)
Founded and hosted by Diane Helbig, Accelerate Your Business Growth is one of the leading business podcasts. Last year, it was voted as the number 3 business podcast in the United States by MSNBC.
In this podcast, Diane interviews a range of guests including subject matter experts, authors, start-up founders to provide advice, strategies and tips on an array of topics to help you grow your business.
Episodes this year which I have found particularly useful for our tribe of Start-ups and SMEs seeking business customers include:
- Use Large and Small Corporate Clients to Grow Your Business
- Are you Listening to Your Customers?
- Six Steps to Unlimited Clients
- When Growth Stalls: How it Happens, Why You’re Stuck and What to Do About It
Hosted by James Carbary, this is one of my favourite podcasts. A great resource as it focuses exclusively on topics of interest to those of us wanting to drive growth through B2B. Topics discussed include:
- B2B marketing
- Strategic partnerships
- Content marketing and social media
All the guests on The B2B Growth Show are founders and business owners who are “in the trenches”every day dealing with the challenges of running and building B2B businesses. Hence all the advice, ideas and tips are based on practical, real-life experience.
The B2B Growth Show is particularly good for those that are severely time poor as many episodes are as short as 10 minutes. However, all episodes are extremely insightful and cover a wide range of issues and topics.
Some episodes aired this year that start-ups and SMEs may find particularly useful include:
- 4 Key Principles for Human First Growth
- Stop Doing This with LinkedIn Videos
- 3 Mistakes Start-Up Sales Teams are Making
Hosted by award-winning entrepreneur Rivers Corbett, this podcast truly educates and inspires business owners and founders. This show provides some fresh ‘out of the box’ thinking and perspectives through the diversity in the people and businesses represented. Guests on the show include founders and entrepreneurs from all stages of business from a range of industries.
Some episodes from this year that may be of particular interest to our tribe include:
- Making Start-ups Sparkle and Shine
- Championing Companies to Market
- Angel and VC Hybrids
- The Golden Rules for Hiring and Firing
TAKE ACTION NOW
- Ask yourself, what areas of “working ON the business” could you benefit with some ideas, tips and inspiration?
- Download and trial one or more of the above-mentioned podcasts
- Subscribe to our newsletter for advice, tips and recommendations to help grow your business