Welcome to 2022: A different world and a different B2B Buyer!
We are yet again embarking on another new year – one that faces more challenges, opportunities and changes. For those of us operating in a B2B context, it is critical that you recognise that your customer, the B2B buyer, like just about everything else has also changed.
3 Things You Must Know About the “New” B2B Buyer!
1. B2B buyers prefer doing their own research using a variety of sources including a new phenomenon known as “the dark funnel”. Only 17% of the total purchase journey is spent with sales reps. Almost 50% of millennials, who are now occupying more roles and authority in B2B purchase decisions, prefer to spend no time at all with sales reps.
2. However, at the same time, there has been a massive influx in the amount of information that is being published online and other channels, often under the guise of content marketing. This has created a great deal of frustration among B2B buyers as:
- There is too much high-quality information
- Information from different suppliers is often not only trustworthy but contradictory
As a result, many B2B buyers are unable to make decisions preferring to simply keep the “status quo”.
3. And to make the B2B playing field even more treacherous, more stakeholders are involved in the purchase decision than ever before. According to Gartner, today, “an average of 11 individual stakeholders are involved in a B2B purchase.” This means that the buying process is likely to be faced with more twists and turns including competing priorities, objectives, objections, fear and resistance to change just to name a few.
So how are you going to navigate this new norm in B2B?
How must you approach B2B Marketing and Sales to overcome this myriad of challenges to meet your business goals?
To learn what strategies and actions your company must take to succeed, attend our free B2B Sales and Marketing Seminar hosted by myself and Chris Miller,
💥It’s A Different World: Driving B2B Sales and Business Growth in the New Norm.💥