Your Go to Market (GTM) Strategy is the action plan that guides your firm when introducing its services to potential clients.
It’s critical for launching new offerings, entering new geographic market, different industries as well as increasing current client spend.
The following are 3 mistakes that Professional Service Firms often with their B2B Go to Market Strategies.
Not clearly and with specificity identifying the best opportunities for your firm.
Do you know the specific:
- Geographic markets
- Types of Customers?
Furthermore, you must have an in-depth understanding of who are your best BUYERS are including:
- Who makes(as well as influences) the decision to buy?
- What are their priorities?
- How Do They Buy?
- Critical to ensure you create and capture demand for your services and solutions
Delivering a client experience that is primarily USER focused.
This is a common mistake especially among technology firms whereby they focus heaving on USER requirements such as required functionalities and service levels.
To create demand for new clients as well as to retain ones, you must deliver to the needs of the BUYERS (i.e. decision-makers) by providing them with “A-I-R”—Advice, Insights and Recommendations on topics such as:
- Key Strategic Priorities and Challenges
- Industry Trends and Developments
- Best Practices
Taking a narrow view when looking to build, deliver and drive new services.
Your clients and prospects have a wide and varied set of priorities, needs and challenges.
To drive growth in your firm, you must:
- Have a deep understanding of your target buyers’ needs, requirements and challenges
- Think broadly as to how you could services and solutions through approaches such as:
- Partnerships with clients, peers and/or vendors
- Creating flexible market offerings
Need help in developing a compelling Buyer “AIR” Driven Go to Market Strategy?
Join my Navigating Success: The 2024 B2B Go to Market Challenge for Small and Medium Professional Service Firms
For details and to register visit here.
Michael has worked with micro-businesses to large corporates alike across Australia and Canada for more than 20 years, developing and implementing highly effective and successful business growth strategies and programs.
Say hello on Linkedin, or send a message via our contact form